Wind Down Ritual Set
A wind-down routine helps slow you down through a series of familiar tasks that you look forward to each night. I like to start mine just before or after dinner (depending on the time of year, you might start to wind down earlier in the winter like I do!). A string of these simple actions will inspire a more peaceful night as well as bring joy to the end of the day.
As we begin our nightly ritual we sense that we are quieting the noise and chaos of the day. It’s the little things repeated nightly that signal our brain that it is time to rest.
- Put away your phone.
- Pull the blinds.
- Dim the lights.
- Turn on small lamps
- Switch on your battery operated candles (I shared some of my favorites here).
- Fill your diffuser.
- Turn on your wind-down music.
- Write in your journal, jot down a few thoughts, reflect with gratitude, savor the moment of slowing down.
- Turn down the covers on your bed, spray your sheets with an essential oil linen spray.
- Savor a slow relaxing activity (take a detox bath, brew a cup of tea, read a book or magazine…even if you only have a few moments, treat yourself to at least one “just for you activity!”).
Set a rhythm for your evening that becomes familiar, restful, and comforting!
2 fl. oz., Evening Repair Serum
4 oz. net wt., Wooden Wick Soy Candle
2 oz. net wt., Nil Organic Loose Leaf Mojito Lime Tea (great hot & cold)
Olio's wood wick, hand poured candles use phthalate free fragrances that smell natural and burn clean.
Our wood wick candles are made with kosher-certified, vegan soy wax. This means that our candles are made with natural wax and contain no petroleum (as opposed to paraffin wax candles). They burn cleaner and don’t produce any known carcinogens. They also last twice as long as other candles (paraffin, beeswax, etc.) because soy wax burns slower and more evenly. The candle container is recyclable and reusable aluminum. 4 oz.
Cool down with the refreshing power of mint and the reviving kick of lime. This blend is perfect iced or soothing hot! Herbal Ingredients (caffeine-free): Organic Lemongrass, Organic Peppermint, Organic Spearmint, Organic Coconut, Organic flavor. Steep 2 tsp of tea per 8 oz cup hot water for 5 minutes. This tea can be brewed multiple times by adding a few minutes to the steep time.